CONSUMER INFORMATION SHEET
The structural pest control industry is regulated by the Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA), Structural Pest Control Service (SPCS), PO Box 12847, Austin, TX 78711-2847. TDA licenses the businesses, certified applicators technicians, and registers apprentices who perform structural pest control work. Certified applicators and technicians must pass a written examination in order to receive their licenses. Pesticides must be registered with the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and TDA before they may be used in Texas. EPA registration is not a finding of product safety. Pesticides are designed to kill or control pests. Your risk of harm depends upon the degree of your exposure and your individual susceptibility. Specific health and safety information varies between pesticides and types of exposures and is available on the label information or SDS sheet, which can be supplied to you upon request from the licensed applicator. Take precautions when a treatment has been performed to avoid exposure to vulnerable individuals. Pesticides may be harmful if swallowed, inhaled, or absorbed through the skin. Avoid breathing dust or spray mist and any unnecessary contact with treated surfaces. If you desire specific information on precautions, refer to the pesticide label. The law requires that the application procedures specified on the label be followed. If you have questions about the application, contact the business or person making the application. If you suspect a violation of the law regarding structural pest control, contact the SPCS. In case of a health emergency, seek immediate medical attention. Pest Control signs must be posted prior to treatment in many instances. The signs should be posted in an area of common access at least 48 hours prior to treatment. The information sign will allow you to contact someone who can tell you what pesticide is being used. If you are contracting for pest control services due to a home solicitation, you have the right to cancel the contract within 72 hours. You may exercise this right by notifying the pest control company that you do not wish to receive their service. For general information on pesticides, contact the National Pesticide Information Center 1-800-858-7378. For information concerning structural pest control laws, contact the Structural Pest Control Service at: 866-918-4481. For information concerning the formulation and registration of pesticides, contact the TDA pesticide registration at (512) 463-7407 or 800-835-5832. For non-emergency health information relating to pesticides, contact Texas Department of State Health Services (512) 458-7111.
GUARANTEE OF SERVICES
- PEST CONTROL: If pest activity persists in your home between services, you will call Reliant to return and re-treat affected areas at no charge. If we are unable to resolve the issue after no fewer than two re-treatments between regular services, Reliant will credit your account equal to the amount of your last regular service charge.
- MOSQUITO CONTROL: If during a scheduled mosquito treatment the customer is not satisfied with the results, Reliant agrees to continue to work to solve the problem to the customer’s satisfaction. After the service is complete and the technician leaves the property, the customer agrees and understands that Reliant is unable to guarantee against the return of mosquitoes between the scheduled treatments.
TERMS OF SERVICE
- Customer agrees and understands that if for any reason they are unable to fulfill the amount of services associated with this agreement, they will pay back any discounts received on services rendered ($75.00 min.). Customer agrees to further terms and conditions for pest control services in attached Pest Control Agreement document.
- Customer agrees and understands that the Termite Protection Plan renews automatically after initial year on a service-to-service basis along with the regular pest control. Customer agrees to further terms and conditions in attached Termite Protection Plan document.
- For customers that purchase mosquito service, customer understands and agrees that upon completion of the initial commitment of services that Reliant will continue to provide mosquito service on a monthly basis until notified in writing. Reliant offers mosquito service on a monthly basis April through November; however, customer may request additional services beyond those months. Furthermore, customer understands and agrees that this service is automatically renewable on an annual basis beginning in April. Customer agrees to further terms and conditions in attached Mosquito Service Agreement document.
- Reliant Pest Management, at its sole discretion, may void this service agreement in its entirety at any time and for any reason. Customer’s sole remedy in this case will be a refund of their most recent monthly, bi-monthly, or quarterly service charge.
- Customer acknowledges receipt of one copy of the Consumer Information Sheet for all treatments to be provided as part of their pest control, mosquito control and/or termite control services. Customer may receive additional copies at any time upon request to Reliant Pest Management, and will receive any updates to the Consumer Information Sheet which may occur.
- Customer authorizes and gives consent to the recording of telephone conversations between the customer and Reliant Pest Management in connection with this agreement.
PEST CONTROL AGREEMENT – Additional Terms of Service
- This document constitutes the agreement between the customer and Reliant Pest Mgt. (RPM) in its entirety.
- RPM agrees to provide service in accordance with the terms and conditions as outlined in this written agreement.
- Customer agrees to receive services in accordance with the terms and conditions outlined in this written agreement. Refusal of service constitutes cancellation of said agreement, and will result in the applicable termination fees.
- This agreement does not guarantee against structural damages to buildings nor provide for any repair or compensation nor does it provide for the control or prevention of termites, or any other insect classified as a wood-destroying insect.
- If customer relocates outside of the Reliant service area and provides corresponding legal documentation, then this agreement is dissolved without any early termination fees. If customer relocates to a residence within Reliant’s service area, then this agreement remains in full force and customer agrees to fulfill its terms at the new residence.
- This agreement does not include coverage for personal injury or property damage. RPM is not liable for any injury or damages resulting from contact with any product used by RPM to service the property. RPM’s liability under this agreement is limited to the amount paid by customer to RPM for services rendered.
- RPM will continue to provide services after the agreed number of services have been completed until notified by customer in writing. Such notification must be made prior to (30) days before the next scheduled service.
- All payments are due in full within thirty days from the service date. Invoices that are over thirty (30) days past due will be subject to a 1.5% monthly finance charge. Delinquent accounts will be placed with a certified collections agency or an attorney, and reasonable collection fees and any applicable termination fees will be added to the outstanding balance.
- Customer agrees to pay an additional fee of $35.00 for each check returned to RPM due to non-sufficient funds.
- RPM reserves the right to dissolve any service agreement for any reason with written notice. Reliant will refund the most recent payment or credit the account for the most recent service provided if RPM opts to dissolve any service agreement. Customer agrees that the refund or credit will be the customer’s sole remedy in this event.
- This agreement requires that the customer make the premises available for RPM to perform services as outlined in this agreement. In the event RPM is unable to gain access to the entire property due to locked gates, dogs, or any other reason, services will be performed on the areas that are accessible, and the customer agrees to pay in full. However, RPM agrees to return and complete service on inaccessible areas upon the customer’s request.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION – Additional Terms of Service
By using any of our services:
- Customer agrees and authorizes RPM to text the customer’s cell phone regarding but not limited to account information, updates, promotional information, and service notifications. Customer also understands at any point they may reply to these messages with “STOP” to opt out of future texting from RPM.
- Customer agrees and authorizes RPM to have photography, video, or other digital media taken of their property and used in any of its publications, including print or web-based publications, provided it does not contain personally identifiable information.
- Customer understands that RPM will not sell their personal information to any third parties.
TERMITE PROTECTION PLAN – Additional Terms of Service
- Regular Monitoring – Reliant will provide regular monitoring of the structure. As part of any service ticket, Customer will be notified when we find any conducive conditions existing on the property that needs to be remedied or corrected by the customer.
- Annual Termite Inspection – After the customer has completed one year under the Termite Protection Plan, Reliant will send a Texas-certified termite technician to the structure to perform a complete and thorough visual termite inspection at no cost to the customer. This inspection will then occur on an annual basis and will include a detailed report of areas inside and outside of the structure that have any visible active, live termite activity as well as any visible previous damage or activity. Additionally, the inspection will include a report of visible areas that are conducive to termite activity.
- Termite Service Guarantee – If active Eastern Subterranean termites are found in or on the structure covered by the Termite Protection Plan, Reliant Pest Management will treat the necessary, infested areas at no charge to the customer; this type of treatment is known as a “spot treatment”. The customer may prefer to have Reliant Pest Management treat around the entire structure instead of simply providing the spot treatment. If the customer makes this election, Reliant agrees to provide this treatment at half-price. Structures that are infected with Formosan Subterranean termites will NOT be eligible for the option of a spot treatment and will need to be treated in their entirety at ½ of the current treatment price.
Terms and Conditions
- Customer agrees and understands that this plan includes coverage for only the primary living structure on their property and the primary attached OR unattached garage only(up to a 3 car garage). This plan does NOT include coverage for anything beyond this primary structure. Areas not covered under this plan include, but are not limited to, trees, sheds, fences, play sets, woodpiles, decks, barns, mailboxes, awnings, etc.
- Customer agrees and understands that they have the right to opt-out of the Termite Protection Plan at any time without penalty; however customer agrees to provide this notice at a minimum of 30 days in advance of next service.
- Customer agrees and understands that this plan is only applicable to structures built solely on a monolithic slab and DOES NOT include coverage for any other type of foundation.
- Customer agrees and understands that this plan DOES NOT include coverage for any structure that uses any form of solid insulation including but not limited to spray foam insulation, foam board insulation, structural insulated panels, or concrete block insulation.
- Customer agrees and understands that this plan DOES NOT guarantee against present or future damage to the property or its contents, nor does it provide for repairs or compensation thereof. Customer agrees that this is a SERVICE AGREEMENT and that the extent of Reliant’s obligation is to provide spot treatments to active infested areas as outlined in this agreement.
- Customer agrees and understands that this plan is designed exclusively for NATIVE EASTERN SUBTERRANEAN TERMITES and FORMOSAN SUBTERRANEAN TERMITES and DOES NOT include coverage for any other type of termite or wood-destroying insect.
- Customer agrees and understands that the termite inspection provided as part of the Termite Protection Plan is not a wood-destroying insect (WDI) report nor is it intended to be used for any sort of legal representation of past, present or future termite activity in or around the structure.
- Customer agrees and understands that while the customer is eligible to receive a free annual termite inspection, the Termite Protection Plan is still in force and service coverage is still intact in the event that Reliant is unable to perform the inspection on both the inside and outside of the structure. However, customer agrees to make the entire structure available within 10 days for inspection when required in writing by Reliant. Failure to provide access to the entire structure within 10 days voids any obligations Reliant has in association with this agreement.
- Reliant agrees to notify the customer of the date of this inspection and will attempt to inspect both inside and outside of the structure. If the customer is not present at the time of inspection, customer agrees and authorizes Reliant to inspect those areas around the structure that are accessible. At the customer’s request, Reliant agrees to return to complete the inspection for any and all areas of the structure that were inaccessible.
- Customer agrees and understands that Reliant is only able to see and identify visible termite activity to the extent that Reliant has access to the entirety of the structure. Customer agrees to notify Reliant if they are concerned about potential termite activity in or on the structure.
- Customer agrees and understands that the Termite Protection Plan is designed for structures that do not have a pre-existing termite condition upon executing this agreement. If termite activity on a structure or property is found to be present within 60 days of the execution of this agreement, Reliant retains the right to opt-out of obligations associated with this agreement. Consequently, the customer will be refunded for any previous payments made directly for the Termite Protection Plan.
- Customer agrees and understands that in the event a conducive condition is not fully remedied by the customer within 30 days AND the structure requires treatment for covered termites, the customer will be refunded a maximum of one year of payments (up to $120) made directly for the Termite Protection Plan after Reliant notified the customer of any condition in need of remedy, and the customer’s Termite Protection Plan will be deactivated, and any obligations associated with the plan will be void. Customer agrees and understands that failure by the customer to fully address certain conditions, as determined solely by Reliant, within 30 days, voids any obligations Reliant has in association with this agreement.
- Customer agrees and understands that the Termite Protection Plan does remain in full-force after initial term and is renewed on a service-to-service basis along with the regular pest control service. Customer agrees to be charged for and to pay for these services on the same frequency as their regular pest control service. Additionally, they agree to resolve those payments through the same method of payment as their pest control service.
- Reliant reserves the right to void this agreement within 30 days after the annual renewal inspection for any reason.
- Customer agrees and understands that the Termite Protection Plan is only in force while they continue receiving and paying for this plan as well as the associated recurring (e.g. bimonthly, monthly, quarterly) service. Customer agrees that Reliant has the right to dissolve their obligations under this plan for any customer that has an unresolved balance that is more than 59 days past due or who has not received the associated recurring service for 30 days or more past the next expected service date.
MOSQUITO CONTROL – Additional Terms of Service
- Monthly Mosquito Service – Reliant Pest Management will provide mosquito service for the exterior of the customer’s property during the months outlined on the front of this agreement. Customer agrees to receive and pay for services as outlined. While Reliant will work to treat the property thoroughly, customer understands that this service is intended to temporarily REDUCE mosquitoes, NOT ELIMINATE them.
- Pre-Service Notification – Customer will receive notification (via email and/or automated voice message) prior to each service; this is done to ensure that the customer is aware of the date of service and has sufficient time to make the property accessible and prepared to receive the treatment. In the event that the entire property is not accessible, Reliant will thoroughly treat all accessible areas on the day of service. In the event that some areas are not treated, Reliant will return and complete the service at the customer’s request.
- Mosquito Service Guarantee – If during a scheduled treatment the customer is not satisfied with the results, Reliant agrees to continue to work to solve the problem to the customer’s satisfaction. After the service is complete and the technician leaves the property, the customer agrees and understands that Reliant is unable to guarantee against the return of mosquitoes between the scheduled treatments.
- Mosquito Service Schedule – Reliant performs recurring monthly mosquito service during the months of March through November. Customer agrees to receive recurring monthly service during these months for the initial term agreed upon.
- Terms of Renewal – Upon completing the number of services initially agreed upon, customer agrees and understands that Reliant will continue to provide mosquito services on a month-to-month basis until notified otherwise. Customer agrees and understands that any notice of cancellation must be in writing and sent a minimum of 30 days in advance of their next service.
- Winter Mosquito Services – Customer agrees and understands that Reliant will temporarily stop their recurring mosquito service the months of December through February. Customer understands that even though no recurring service is offered during these months, they may request mosquito service and Reliant agrees to provide this service at the same rate as their regular recurring service. The recurring portion of the service will renew automatically the following March and will continue on the previous schedule.
Terms and Conditions:
- Customer agrees and understands that they have the right to opt-out of this agreement at any time without penalty after completing their initial commitment; however customer agrees to provide this notice of minimum of 30 days in advance of the next scheduled service.
- Customer releases Reliant from any claim of personal injury (including stings, bites, or pest-borne illnesses from mosquitoes or any other pest) or property damage caused by mosquitoes or any other pest. In no event will Reliant be held responsible for consequential damages for loss of use of property. Customer agrees that any claim for damages must be made in writing within one year of the incident at issue or it will be deemed waived.
- No matter how minimal, virtually all pesticides and larvicides have some odor. Customer acknowledges that if there is a member of the household with sensitivity to chemicals, Reliant recommends service not be performed until the customer has had a physician consultation. Reliant agrees to provide information about the products used on the property at the customer’s request.
- Customer acknowledges that cancellation of mosquito service does not constitute cancellation of pest control service or termite protection plan or any other service provided by Reliant.
PARTIAL RODENT EXCLUSION – Additional Terms of Service
When this additional coverage is elected, RPM will fill any gaps, cracks, or other possible entry points, up to 6 feet from the foundation grade, that may allow mice or rats entry into the structure. This is known as a partial rodent exclusion. There may be providers that will complete a full rodent exclusion, but this is generally at a substantial additional cost to the customer. A variety of materials may be employed to exclude specific areas based on specific construction situations and availability of materials. RPM warranties the work and materials for 30 days from the installation date
MOUSE AND RAT REDUCTION – Additional Terms of Service
When this additional treatment is elected, RPM will apply products and/or equipment specifically labeled for use against Mice and Rats to reduce help overall populations outside the structure. Customer understands and agrees that placement of these devices is intended solely for population reduction and does not guarantee that covered rodents will not be seen on the property. RPM will monitor and refill stations as needed as part of any general pest control service that the customer maintains with RPM.
Customer understands and agrees that when baiting for rodents on the property, it is possible that the rodents could die anywhere on the property, including inside of the structure. Generally, this scenario is rare. However, please be advised that RPM is not liable to find or remove any rodents that die on the property and/or for unpleasant odors that may be present from rodent activity and the treatment thereof.
TAWNY CRAZY ANT TREATMENT – Additional Terms of Service
When this additional treatment is elected, RPM will apply products once that are specifically labeled for use against Tawny Crazy Ants in an effort to reduce populations over the following several weeks. RPM provides no warranty or guarantee of any kind as to the effectiveness of this treatment due to the social and biological habits of the species. RPM is limited by federal law for how many applications of such products can be completed in a calendar year. However, RPM will continue to work to help control populations as part of any general pest control service that the customer maintains with RPM.
FLEA OR TICK TREATMENT – Additional Terms of Service
When this additional coverage is elected, RPM warranties treated areas against re-infestation for a period of 30 days. Customer understands and agrees that it is normal and expected that the treated area may continue to have activity for up to 21 days after treatment. RPM will typically not return during this 21 day window to reapply except for in extenuating circumstances as determined by RPM. After 21 days, if an infestation continues in the treated areas, RPM will, upon customer request, return and reapply where needed to fully resolve the area of concern.
Customer understands and agrees that RPM is able to provide a warranty against Fleas or Ticks only when any domesticated animals have been properly treated by a veterinarian AND wild animals have been removed from the structure and excluded from reentry. This helps ensure that there are not any common sources of future re-infestation.
GERMAN COCKROACH TREATMENT – Additional Terms of Service
When this additional coverage is elected, at an additional cost (typically $175 to $450) above the general pest control agreement, RPM will work to quickly and efficiently resolve an infestation of German Cockroaches indoors. However, Customer understands and agrees that RPM cannot guarantee elimination of German Cockroaches within a specified time frame. Many factors affect the number of treatments required to fully resolve an infestation such as, but not limited to, accessibility, overall cleanliness of the infested and surrounding areas, adjacent attached dwellings, condition of the property, length of prior infestation, etc. RPM may make recommendations to the customer that, once resolved, will substantially increase the effectiveness of any treatment provided by RPM.
The German Roach Plan includes 3 guaranteed services in the “additional cost” mentioned above, plus a 60 day warranty where more treatments may be provided if the problem has not been fully resolved. However, services will not be provided more often than every 10-20 days during the 30-day warranty period. Customer agrees to allow treatment to infested areas every 10-20 days during the guaranteed 3 treatment period. Customer agrees to stay out of the treated area until all treatment products have fully dried (typically 2 hours). Customer agrees to remove any people or pets with allergies or sensitivities from the structure for a minimum of two hours during and after treatment is complete.
CARPENTER ANT TREATMENT – Additional Terms of Service
When this additional coverage is elected, RPM warranties treated areas against re-infestation for a period of 30 days. Customer understands and agrees that it is normal and expected that the treated area may continue to have activity for up to 21 days after treatment. RPM will typically not return during this 21-day window to reapply except for in extenuating circumstances as determined by RPM. After 21 days, if an infestation continues in the treated areas, RPM will upon customer request, return and reapply where needed to fully resolve the area of concern.
FIRE ANT PREVENTION TREATMENT – Additional Terms of Service
When this additional coverage is elected, RPM warranties treated areas against new mound building for a period of 1 year.
- Customer understands and agrees that it is normal and expected that the treated area may continue to have activity for 30-45 days after treatment. RPM will typically not return during this window to reapply except for in extenuating circumstances as determined by RPM. If new mound building continues in the treated areas, RPM will upon customer request, return and apply products to reinforce against new mound building where needed, to fully resolve the area of concern.
- Customer agrees and understands that the Fire Ant Treatment can only remain effective in areas where the soil remains undisturbed. Alterations to the top layer of soil or failure to quickly address excessive moisture issues will void coverage in the affected areas. Further, customer agrees to lightly (10-15 minutes per spot using most large-area sprinklers) and evenly water in the granules immediately after the application.
- Customer agrees to keep people and pets off the treated areas until the granules have been watered in AND the soil has fully dried.
- Customer agrees that the Fire Ant Treatment renews automatically after the initial year of coverage.
- Customer agrees to notify RPM, in writing, at least 30 days in advance of the renewal date, if the customer does not want coverage to renew.
FULL YARD TREATMENT Additional Terms of Service
When this additional treatment is elected, RPM will apply products throughout the yard, up to 50 feet from the structure, in an effort to reduce insect populations near the structure. RPM provides no warranty or guarantee of any kind as to the effectiveness of this treatment as there is no physical barrier(i.e. house walls) to slow or hinder reinfestation from neighboring areas. However, RPM will continue to work to help control insects entering the structure as part of any general pest control service that the customer maintains with RPM.